Previously called Clinical Pilates, these individualised exercise rehabilitation sessions draw from a variety of exercise modalities including floor and machine based Pilates, fascial mobilisers, strength training and specific stretching. The exercises are individually prescribed and supervised by your Physiotherapist in our custom built studio. A maximum of three persons per hour ensures you receive at least 20 minutes one on one time with your Physiotherapist. Every session your Physiotherapist will check how you are feeling in terms of your injury/pain, how you responded to the last session and do a quick check of movement. Exercises are then progressed or regressed as indicated.
How does it work? Every person has an individual exercise assessment with a Physiotherapist. Based on your strengths, weaknesses and injury profile the exercise program is then targeted clinically to what you need. All of our exercise rehabilitation sessions are taken by our Physiotherapists who integrate their exercise skills with an in-depth understanding of pathology to provide the highest quality, professional service possible. Clients will often progress from Studio sessions to our larger groups including Circuit classes (Strength through movement), Mat Class or Fitness Pilates in our gym next door.
Benefits of Clinical Exercise Rehabilitation
- Develops core stability
- Improves posture
- Improves specific muscle strength and endurance
- Increases flexibility of muscles and joints
- Corrects muscle imbalances
- Improves coordination and balance
- Relieves tightness
- Heightens body awareness
- Facilitates rehabilitation and prevention of injury
- Initial assessment (30 mins): $95
- One on one sessions (30 mins): $85
- Studio sessions (55 minutes – 3 persons max): $55 in a block of 10
- Note: Persons new to exercise rehabilitation will usually need between 1 and 3 individual sessions prior to joining a studio group. Health fund rebates apply to all sessions if you are doing exercise rehabilitation for pain, a medical issue, injury or postural issue and are billed as an individual consultation (505).